We made it. Here is the last trait that I think is important to highlight from the profile of a mature/ maturing disciple. I hope this list has been helpful.
- Engages in regular conversation with God
- Lives out a life that is others focused
- Dispenses forgiveness quickly
- Presents a teachable disposition for life and ministry
- Has a missional mindset and focus
- Owns the ministry of the local church
- Processes life and decisions through the Bible
- Rests in the sovereignty of God, especially amidst trial
- Leads his or her children in the ways of the Lord
- Encourages others
- Practices spiritual disciplines
- Takes sin and its effects seriously
- Lives in community
- Uses relational influence to move others toward Christ.
#15 – Commits to reproducing God’s work through life-on-life discipleship.
Jesus showed us the best pattern and practice for helping others grow in faith. Classes are great and so are other programs. But nothing will ever replace life-on-life relationships. Jesus spent three years with 12 guys. He travelled with them, ate with them, talked with them, watched them argue, demonstrated forgiveness and grace, and so on. He lived with and among them. He poured into them personally. A mature/ maturing disciple is intentional to find FAT (faithful, available, teachable) people and cares for them. A wise disciple invests in the next generation by spending time with them. Not simply teaching, but hanging out and caring for them. A disciple works hard to invest strategically in others.