Well, back at it. We are almost half way through our list. Here is our next trait of a mature/maturing believer.
- Engages in regular conversation with God
- Lives out life that is others focused
- Dispenses forgiveness quickly
- Presents a teachable disposition for life and ministry
- Has a missional mindset and focus
- Owns the ministry of the local church
- Processes life and decisions through the Bible
#8 – Rests in the sovereignty of God, especially amidst trial.
You do not have to live long to find out that life can be hard. Every single person experiences events and situations that are unfair, that hurt, and that scar. A friend betrays you. The doctor’s report comes back with unfavorable news. The phone rings and you hear about the tragic loss of a loved one. You do not get the job…and so on. Life happens and it is hard.
What, then? How do we react? Maturing/mature disciples trust God, even in those moments – in fact, especially in those moments. They understand that God is in control even when it looks like it is chaos. They understand that God works every situation out for good. They understand that God grows, changes and purifies us for the better in trial. They understand that God is not asleep, but somehow, even in the pain, God is moving things forward for His glory.
Does this mark your life? Is God still BIG, when all is bad?