I am in a funk right now. The details about my funk are irrelevant for this post. Plus I also have good people who are in my life who know what I am processing and how I am working through stuff. That said, I do think it would be helpful to articulate what are some things I am doing in the middle of this phase and how I am navigating my funk. We all go through various funks, challenges and trials. In the middle of these times, there are some things that I lean into. I find these incredibly helpful. You may as well. (Please know that this post is not a plea for help, sympathy or even prayers.)
What I LEAN into:
- The reality that I will not be here forever. There will be a day I am not here anymore. That encourages me.
- The truths of the Bible. I believed them before my funk, and they are true whether I feel like they are true or not.
- The hope of Jesus Christ. My faith in Jesus and my understanding of who He is and what He has done for me provide hope in any funk.
- The close people in my life. I am really grateful for wife, family, colleagues and friends who do not feel the need to talk about what I am processing, but just keep doing life with me in a way that encourages normalcy.
- The experience of seeing people in far worse funks and situations. There is something about perspective.