I have been thinking about what are some small ways I can take steps forward as a better person. I have started composing a list of things that I have heard over the years and have thought through myself. These are some things that I am trying to commit to and I believe would serve anyone well. Here is “the list” I am trying to find a way to live out each day.
- Say “no” to yourself at least once a day.
- Encourage one person a day with a note, text or a talk.
- Find a way to give something a way each day.
- Read for at least 15 minutes.
- Acknowledge that there is someone whose situation is worse than yours in a particular area of your life. Pray for that person and grab ahold of being grateful for your situation.
- Read or tell a joke.
- Say “yes” to something that is hard.