I got to have a date night with my 3 year old daughter last night. It was long over due. I am in a season at our church that is taking me from home quite a bit. During seasons of ministry like this, I can feel my kids (and wife) begin to drift. So last night, Kaiya and I went to Barnes and Noble and looked at kids books. We bought a Cinderella book. We then went and got ice cream together. We walked around and talked (believe it or not, mostly she talked). I could feel her reconnecting to her daddy. We went home and she sat close with me while watching a cartoon. When it was bed time, she asked if I would lay with her. Nights like this are awesome. As I thought about this night and experienced it, I could not help but have some thoughts about my relationship with God and His to me.
- There is never a time where our heavenly father is unavailable or is working too much.
- Sometimes we just need to reconnect with our heavenly father through a “date” night.
- When the father to child relationship and child to father relationship are in sink, it is so powerful for one’s life.
- I am pretty sure that God is happy about his kids wanting to be with Him, the same way I am when Kaiya says lay down with me.
- All relationships take time.
- I want to know my Father cares, and He does.
- Although our Father never drifts from us, we can drift from him.
This makes me smile.