I talk to people who are ready to do something for their church. They are saying I am as ready to serve and help out as NFL fans are to watch some Monday night football. But they look around and say, “where is the cake?” What am I supposed to do? I want to lead in my family. I want to help out with an outreach event. I want to know something to pray for because I will pray. I want to give, but to what.
Here are a list of 10 things you can do at Grace Fellowship (if you do not attend Grace, I am certain there are similar kinds of things you could be doing in and at your community). You can be a part of these things right now. No excuses…here you go.
- donate some drinks (water, individualized gatorade bottles, cans of pop, etc.) for our BYOB golf outing. You can contact Jim Bower at email@example.com or just contact the church office if you are willing.
- pray for our group of 57 adults and students (3rd-6th grade) who are heading to camp this weekend.
- pick a Bible story and teach it to your kids this week.
- donate some items to the Single Parent Appreciation Day we are planning for August 6th. you can find what types of items we are collecting at http://www.gracepickerington.org/single-parent-appreciation-day-saturday-august-6th.
- invite a friend to hear a sermon on the 4th commandment for this Sunday.
- organize your schedule to allow yourself to attend the church business meeting on Sunday night at 6:30.
- share something God is teaching you about the 10 commandments with a coworker or neighbor.
- write a note a of encouragement or comfort to someone who needs it.
- memorize a Bible verse today
- come over to the church and pull some weeds in various locations that need cleaned up