March Madness is quickly approaching. As a fan of sports and especially basketball, one can imagine just how much I love this time of year. It really is awesome for so many reasons. I mean it is watching great basketball games that is sweet. I get to connect with some friends. Of course there are the competitive brackets. Lots of eating chicken wings. And this year is especially cool because I am going to Houston for the Final Four itself. So with the Big Dance looming, I thought I would share my favorite teams for the tournament. Here they are from my most favorite down.
- North Carolina TarHeels – anyone who knows me, this goes without saying
- Ohio State Buckeyes – I am a Buckeye fan in all areas and with what is transpiring right now with Tressel and the football team, we could use some good news in C-bus
- whoever is playing Duke – I hope they are a 1 seed and become the first 1 seed to lose in the first round
- BYU – love me some Jimmer (the kid can play). plus I love a school that sticks to its values
- whoever comes out of the MAC – the MAC is a great conference and I want its team to represent
- Notre Dame – I love watching Ben Hansbrough play
- whoever is playing Kentucky – Jon Calipari makes me want to puke
- Butler – why not make a run two years in row
- any 13 seed – I always pick like 3 of them
- any Big 10 team
Just root for Michigan. No true buckeye would have UNC at the top of their list. You can’t say you’re a buckeye because you root for the football team. Who do you root for in the Olympics? China? 🙂 Other than that, pretty good list.
Lot’s of similarities if I were to make a list. I’m glad we both share the same disdain for Kentucky and Dook. I’m also a big fan of Ben Hansborough, I remember seeing him play as a freshman for Miss St. I knew he was going to be special. Also a big fan of the Jimmer….a little fact you may not know….Marshall recruited him. Also agree on the MAC, always good fundamental teams. Go Heels since the Herd will likely end up in the NIT. March Madness=warmer weather=spring=spring football practice=mlb opening day.