Today is my 9 year anniversary. I am married to an amazing lady. She is a really solid Christian person and really helps to keep our home moving in the right direction towards the things of Christ. Our marriage is not perfect. She has flaws and I have lots of flaws, but that does not matter. God is at the center of our marriage and she is a special person and that combination is deadly (better than Jordan and Pippen or Brad and Angelina or Bonnie and Clyde or …. alright I am just being dumb). But in all seriousness, most people have no idea how cool my wife is. I get tons of credit and support for a ton of things that would not be possible without her or as effective without her input. She releases me, supports me, corrects me, humbles me, and encourages me. I have said this many times – who you marry is the second most important decision in your life in my opinion (#1 is choosing to start a relationship with Jesus). I am so grateful for my lady.
If you are a Christian, here a few things to remember when looking for a spouse and dating:
- only date Christians (this must be a non-negotiable)
- be sure you are personally chasing after Jesus as fast as you can
- the bait will determine the catch – i.e. if you dress in a such a way to show of your body ladies, you will get that kind of guy
- ladies – find a guy with a good reputation amongst his friends
- guys – find a woman with inner beauty and can control her tongue
- you are a child of God – do not have a relationship with someone who does not treat you accordingl